Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Slough Feg - Hardworlder (2007)

Here's a good review of Hardworlder. But if I'm honest, I have to admit I prefer their two earlier albums, Traveller and Atavism, over this most recent release. Traveller is a concept album based entirely on an old scifi role-playing game by the same name. A mad professor creates a race of dog-human hybrid soldiers, who rebel and begin their own civilization which poses a threat to humanity. Atavism is relevant on this blog particularly for "Starport Blues" which I originally thought must be a 1970's cover. But it's original and catchy as hell. Hardworlder doesn't have a single concept, but "Tiger! Tiger!" is inspired by Alfred Bester's The Stars My Destination (a book every SF fan should read, and hey, it's even short).

http://www.sloughfeg.com/
http://www.myspace.com/sloughfeg (Note: the sound quality of "Tiger! Tiger!" here is low.)

Buy Slough Feg albums.

No comments: